I am happy to say I swim not sink.
I learnt way more then I expected to this morning. I am very comfortable in the water. I have always been a strong swimmer, however I have not swam in close to a decade. I take my kids swimming I go in a pool on a regular basis but I mean actually swim.
Swimsuit on, swim cap on, goggles on and I am ready for the pool. So I thought. Follow is the list of things I learnt this morning.
- I am already hard of hearing and a swim cap means I hear nothing
- Don’t take your goggles off between laps they will fog up.
- Leave wedding ring at home, so I am not distracted by it feeling like it will fall off.
- When I start to get tired my dentures get loose, make sure to put glue in until implants are done.
- It will take more then one Sunday in the pool to be great a swimming again.
- I will not be the fastest swimmer I will kill myself if I try to keep up with some of these ladies.
- There is nothing on the farm to help me train for this
The biggest lesson I have learnt in this first week of training is that I am very very competitive. Which I already knew however I need to find a way to control it so that I don’t hurt myself trying to keep up with the ladies that have been doing this way longer. I need to figure out what realistic goals I can set for me.
Shopping night at the bike doctor tomorrow. Yeah, Bike shorts. It is also a weight day at the gym for me.